The Wieliczka Salt Mine
The Wieliczka Salt Mine - over 700 years old - is one of the most well known tourist attractions in the world. This unique monument of culture located only 10 kilometres outside of Krakow was created by many generations of Polish miners. Its beautiful and remarkable underground landscape, full of salt lakes, chambers and salt sculptures amazes everyone who visits that UNESCO World Heritage Site.Salt had been the source of affluence of the town and country for centuries. The centuriesold mining of deposits has shaped the present layout of excavations, which stretch across nine levels, reaching 327 meters in depth. The underground town features approximatley 300km of drifts and 3,000 chambers. Only a 3,5km stretch of the salt mine is open to the public, visited every year by over million tourists. In 1978, the Salt Mine was put on the UNESCO World Culture Heritage List.
Advice: The Salt Mine can only be visited with a tour guide in an organized group or on a private guided tour. We offer morning tours at 10.45 a.m or afternoon at 16.45. Pick up time at 10.00 a.m or 15.50 Steadfast visitors are encouraged to visit Auschwitz-Birkenau and the Salt Mine in one day. Duration: 4h
Entrance fees are included in the price with English speaking guide.
What's Included in Salt Mine Private Tour
- pick up at a location of your choice
- admission fees and English speaking guide licensed by museum
- convenient and safe travel
- tour transport to and from
- door to door service (car, van, bus will be at your total disposal)
- all transport costs (fuel, parking fees, etc.)
- highly qualified, friendly and helpful english-speaking drivers
- third party liability insurance